New York Public Library – Grand Central Library
135 East 46th Street
New York, NY 10017
Using Cover Letters, Bios, Thank You Notes and Reference Lists in your Job Search
You could be selling yourself short by not sending a cover letter with your resume, or not sending a thank you letter after an interview. Many job seekers choose to take the advice that cover letters or thank you letters are not needed, well that’s the easy choice, but isn’t the best one. Learn about these important documents and review samples of each.
- Why cover letters are still needed with your resume.
- What should be included in your cover letter?
- How Bios can be a great tool in your job search.
- What should be included in your bio?
- The job interview thank you letter/e-note can be very effective.
- What makes a great thank you letter/e-note?
- Tips and advice for creating a great reference list.
Workshop / Seminar is Approx. 75 minutes followed by a Q & A session