12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
New York Public Library – Grand Central Library
135 East 46th Street
New York, NY 10017
Networking/LinkedIn for Job/Career Success
We have all heard that networking is still one of the most powerful methods of connecting to career/job opportunities and will most likely stay that way for ever. But most people don’t know how to effectively build and use network to increase their odds to connect to opportunities. Having a strong network is important for everyone whether you’re employed or in a job search.
- What is networking?
- Is networking really effective?
- What are some of today’s tools to support building a network
- What is LinkedIn and why is it so powerful?
- Understanding the sections of a LinkedIn Profile.
- Methods to connect to people and build a strong network.
- How to use your LinkedIn network for your job/career search or promotions.
The workshop / seminar will be approx. 120 minutes, followed by a Q & A session